a clean foundation

10:15 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
This past weekend was time to start the work on the house...and where better to start than then floor, or actually, the foundation. Although most people take up carpets to reveal beautiful hard wood floors that they refurbish... I did the unthinkable and actually took OUT a wood floor. The wood flooring left in the house was in pretty poor shape, and had a lot of water damage due to a previous water heater leak. Needless to say the floor needed to come out. So as my mom so nicely cleaned my kitchen, oiling cupboards and lining them (its a mom thing) as well as weeding and trimming the rose bushes, I spent the weekend tearing out the wood floors. I pulled up the majority of it on Saturday, and just finished up the last bit on Sunday. Check out the pictures below for before, during, and after pictures. (That yellow-ish stuff on the floor is left over glue that I still need to scrape up.)



















1 comments:

Unknown said...

The sexy arms you're getting from all this labor are just an AWESOME side effect. :)

You are so brave. My hero.